Thursday, February 26, 2009

Children's Cakes

Many times I get to do children's cakes which are just a lot of fun. But it also requires some planning and thinking to figure out how to make it look realistic. I've had two requests over the last couple of years for SpongeBob. I have to say, he is probably one of my favorite cakes of all. He is covered with the Star Tip and I used foam hands attached to pipe cleaners to give him some dimension.








Another coworker requested a cake for her daughter's birthday. They absolutely LOVE Mickey Mouse and so of course that is what they wanted on her cake. Here is the cake. It was a lot of fun doing this one as well.



An old friend asked me if I would do a cake for her daughter's 5th birthday. I was so excited. This person grew up beside me when I was young and I was so happy to be able to do a cake for her child. She wanted a "My Little Pony" cake. Here is my attempt.


Dora and Boots cake I did for a 3-year-old's and a4-year-old's birthday.


















Also one of my godchildren, of whom I do cakes for, when asked what he wanted on his 3rd birthday cake said he wanted a "worm". So I thought about it and this is what I came up with. When he saw the cake I asked him if that was what he meant by a worm and he said "EXACTLY."








I've done cakes for my nephews, friends' children, I've lost count at this point. I've attached some just to show a sample of the variety of themes and ideas.
















My latest children's cake is a Hannah Montana guitar cake. I was asked by a girl at work to do one for her granddaugher's 5th birthday, couldn't find a pattern of any kind, and then a friend of mine on Facebook posted one she had done for her daughter's birthday. (Thanks Donna!) So I used her design and made this cake. I've now had two more requests for this cake.

Here is the latest children's cake I did. My first frog, which I thought turned out pretty cute. The polka dots were colored to match the plates they were using at the party.

This cake was a request from my hairdresser for her son. He loves baseball. I used a cupcake and cut the top off of it to make the "baseball" on the top. I found the cutest bobblehead baseball player for the topper.



This was a very cute dinosaur cake for a little boy turning four.
This was a request for a cake with a road and a tractor.  Thought it turned out cute.

1 comment:

  1. Girl! You are so talented!! I hope to one day get this good. I hav thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of your cakes. Thanks for posting more!! I have a baby shower and a birthday cake that I will be doing in the next few weeks. I will post pics as soon as I can. Again, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete